Security Screening Procedures at International Security Checkpoint
Security Screening Procedures for International Passengers
Tips for Smooth Security Checks
- ●Take-off your coat or jacket and take out all of your
belongings including personal computers and cell phones
and place them in a plastic tray.
- ●When bringing liquids on board, passenger
must comply with the following rules:
- ・Containers of 100 ml or smaller only
- ・Transparent, re-sealable plastic bag up to a capacity of 1 liter.
- ・Only 1 bag per passenger
- ※For additional liquids, put them in the checked baggage.
- ●Empty your water bottle or plastic bottle
- ●Empty your pockets and place any contents in a plastic tray
before going through a full-body scanner.
- ●You may also need to remove your shoes for inspection.
Passenger Screening with a Full-Body Scanner
For more safety and security, Sendai Airport has deployed a full-body scanner at international security checkpoint.
How to go through the full-body scanner?
- 1.Take-off your coat or jacket, empty all pockets and place any items in a plastic tray.
- 2.Walk into the body scanner followed by the instructions given by the security personnel.
- 3.Place your feet on the yellow footprint, take the pose and stand still.
- 4.If nothing is detected, you are allowed to go. If detected, you will be asked to undergo an additional inspection.
- ※The scanner may react on slack of clothes as it detects items intentionally concealed.
Please consult with the security officer if you are…
- ・a wheelchair user
- ・having a difficulty holding the position for screening
- ・100 cm tall or less
About the Full-Body Scanner deployed at Sendai Airport
- ・Automatically detects potentially dangerous items carried on the body or in clothing without contact inspection.
- ・The transmitted power of the scanner is approximately 1/300 to 1/1,000 of a mobile phone emissions.
- ・Images which are captured by the scanner are immediately deleted after the screening.
- ・Requires less time and easier procedures for passengers.